The following are a few of the most important elements to remember about the employment process in the digital age.
Key takeaways for today’s job applicant include
- Begin the job search process by exploring your interests, evaluating your qualifications, and investigating career opportunities.
- Develop a targeted résumé that is perfect in the quality of its content, organization, writing, and overall presentation to increase your chances of getting interviews and hence the jobs.
- Prepare a winning cover letter and résumé by assessing your skills and researching what employers are looking for, what jobs are available, and how to find and apply to them.
- Write a cover letter as part of your targeted approach to applying for job competitions; use it to identify the job by name, introduce your résumé, explain how you’ll apply your skills in the job, and request an interview.
- Prepare for the pre-interview, interview, and post-interview process.
- Optimize the job search process and your chances of getting hired by taking advantage of today’s digital tools and apps.