NSCC Edition — chapter mapping
|NSCC Version||Concepts of Biology 1st Canadian Edition||OpenStax Concepts of Biology|
|Chapter 1||Chapters 1|
|Chapter 2||Chapters 2|
BC Open Textbook Edition
Preface to the 1st Canadian Edition, by Charles Molnar and Jane Gair, adapters of Concepts of Biology
In the adapted textbook, Concepts of Biology — 1st Canadian Edition, you will find the following units:
- Unit 1: The Cellular Foundation of Life
- Unit 2: Cell Division and Genetics
- Unit 3: Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Unit 4: Animal Structure and Function
Adaptations to the original textbook Concepts of Biology by OpenStax College include:
- Remixed Concepts of Biology from 6 units into 4 units.
- Removed the original Unit 4: Evolution and the Diversity of Life from Concepts of Biology.
- Remixed the original Unit 5: Animal Structure and Function from Concepts of Biology by embedding Chapters 33-43 from Biology by OpenStax College.
- Adapted PowerPoints for each chapter- includes additional notes, images, and embedded videos.
- Added resources from “Let’s Talk Science” to the end of each PowerPoint.
Record of edits and changes made to this book since its initial publication in the B.C. Open Textbook Collection.
|1.1||May 1, 2015||Book added to the B.C. Open Textbook collection.|
|1.2||November 21, 2017||
||Some <a id=””> tags in the book were causing large sections of text to turn blue. These tags were removed. In addition, all of the exercise questions were edited to ensure a consistent format. This involved putting the content into ordered lists and grouping questions and answers together.
Note: We are aware that there is some text missing in Chapter 20.4, that Chapter 14.1 is missing exercise questions, and that Chapter 14.2 and 14.3 have the same exercise questions. The author has been informed of these issues and we will update the book once we receive the corrections.
|1.3||September 17, 2018||Image 2.15 replaced.||Original Figure 2.15 image was a duplicate of Figure 2.17. Replaced Figure 2.15 with the correct image.|
|1.4||June 13, 2019||Updated the book’s theme.||The styles of this book have been updated, which may affect the page numbers of the PDF and print copy.|