June 1, 2015
123 Main Street
Vancouver, BC V1V 1V1
Sample Employment Offer Letter
I am pleased to offer you the position of ____________ at ABC Hotel, with the intended start date of ___________. We look forward to welcoming you to our team.
This letter details the terms and conditions of your employment.
- Position: You will be employed on a full-time basis as a ______________. Your full responsibilities are outlined in the attached job description. Within the position of ___________________ you will report directly to _______________ in the position of _____________.
- Commencement: Your start date will be July 1, 2015.
- Rate of pay: Your rate of pay will be $13 per hour, payable every two weeks (by cheque or direct deposit).
- Work week: Your regular work week will be Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You will receive two paid 15-minute breaks and 30 minutes unpaid for lunch.
- Overtime: Should you be required to work overtime, you will be entitled to overtime payfor these hours worked in accordance with the Employment Standards Act.
- Probationary period: You will serve a probationary period of three months. During this time your performance will be monitored, assessed, and evaluated for suitability to this role and your continued employment.
- Benefits: You will be eligible to participate in the company’s benefits plan, details of which are attached, after three months of continuous employment..
- Vacation: Your vacation entitlement will be 10 workings days of paid vacation after one year of full-time employment; 12 working days of paid vacation after two years of full-time employment; 15 working days of paid vacation after five years of full-time employment; 20 working days of paid vacation after 10 years of full-time employment.
- Statutory holidays: You are entitled to 10 statutory holidays as follows: New Year’s Day, Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, B.C. Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Remembrance Day and Christmas Day. Eligibility for statutory holiday pay will be in accordance with the Employment Standards Act.
- Company policies: You are expected to abide by all ABC Hotel’s policies, practices, and procedures. They will be provided to you during your orientation, which will be scheduled for you on your first day of work.
If you agree with these terms and conditions, please sign and return one copy to me by (date).
On behalf of ABC Hotels I would like to congratulate you on attaining this position and look forward to welcoming you to the ABC team. We are confident that you will be a great asset to our organization.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions or concerns.
Manager, Front Desk
I, the undersigned, accept the job offer of ___________at the ABC Hotel. I accept the terms and conditions stated above and accept the responsibilities outlined in my job description.