Thinking about Intelligence
STEP 1: Answer TWO of the following questions in a discussion post of at least 200 words:
- Do you think that people get smarter as they get older? In what ways might people gain or lose intellectual abilities as they age?
- When you meet someone who strikes you as being smart, what types of cues or information do you typically attend to in order to arrive at this judgment?
- How do you think socio-economic status affects an individual taking an intellectual abilities test?
- Should psychologists be asking about group differences (different race, sex, culture, etc.) in intellectual ability? What do you think?
- Which of Howard Gardner’s 8 types of intelligence do you think describes the way you learn best? Why?
STEP 2: Thoughtfully comment on at least TWO other posts in responses of at least 75 words each.
Licenses and Attributions (Click to expand)
CC licensed content, Original
- Discussion: Thinking and Intelligence. Provided by: Lumen Learning. License: CC BY-NC-SA: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
CC licensed content, Shared previously