Completing major assignments requires strong planning. In this chapter, you’ll learn how to manage your time well to complete your assignments. You’ll also use rubrics to plan what you need to do to be successful. You will monitor if you’re meeting your daily goals. You will also use your rubric and self-editing strategies to monitor whether you’re completing the assignment requirements before submitting your work.
Major assignments may seem overwhelming at first. By creating an achievable step-by-step plan, you’ll be able to complete your assignments on time.
By the end of this chapter, you’ll be able to:
- Determine what’s required for your assignment.
- Develop an assignment plan.
- Move past writer’s block and generate ideas for your assignment.
- Understand the research process.
- Create an outline for a written assignment.
- Use the 5 steps of editing your work.
- Understand APA citation and how to avoid plagiarism.