Before moving to the planning stage of the learning cycle, it’s important to do some self-evaluation. To help you in this process, this chapter begins with the evaluation part of the learning cycle. Before you begin, consider:
- Where am I now?
- What strategies do I already know how to use?
- What Skills for Success do I have?
- What Skills for Success will I need in the workplace?
- What do I hope to improve?
Getting to know yourself through the self-evaluation will inform your goal setting and planning for the semester ahead.
By the end of this chapter, you’ll be able to:
- Evaluate your current learning skills and strengths using the Multiple Intelligences framework.
- Discover Skills for Success.
- Set SMART learning goals.