- Explain the difference between a customer and a consumer
- Define different types of organizations including B2C, B2B, and nonprofit organizations
- Provide examples of how each type of organization uses marketing
- Describe how different types of organizations, such as nonprofits, consumer product (B2C) firms, and business-to-business (B2B) organizations, use marketing
Although marketing activities come in many different forms, the fundamental principles of marketing apply, regardless of what you’re trying to sell, advocate, or promote. Grounding your marketing efforts in a customer-oriented mindset and staying focused on the relationships you build with those customers will always steer you in the right direction.
At the same time, different organizations use marketing in different ways to achieve their goals. The next reading will give you more insight into how marketing supports the success of several common types of organizations.
- Reading: How Organizations Use Marketing