6.7 Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems
- Define CRM systems and explain their purpose
- Describe the types of marketing information CRM systems can capture and why it is valuable for generating customer insights
- Explain how customer relationship management (CRM) systems can help organizations manage and gain customer insights from marketing information
To round out our discussion of marketing information and research, we need to add one more important tool to the mix: customer relationship management (CRM) systems. These increasingly prevalent systems are the centerpiece in how many organizations make sense of and manage marketing data about current and prospective customers. A basic understanding of CRM systems can help you recognize their potential for helping organizations use marketing information more effectively.
- Reading: Customer Relationship Management Systems
- Self Check: Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems