- Explain the benefits consumers derive from marketing activity
- Explain the benefits companies and organizations derive from marketing activity
- Explain the benefits society derives from marketing activity
- Describe how an understanding of marketing makes people more informed as both consumers and participants in society
- Explain how marketing creates value for the consumer, the company, and society
For some people, marketing has a reputation as being fluffy, superficial, and light. Certainly a lot of marketing activities have earned that reputation over the years. One goal of this course is to help you understand the important role marketing plays in business and everyday life in today’s globally connected world.
Are we arguing that marketing is an inherently good thing? No, we’re arguing that it is an inherently useful and potentially powerful thing.
Is marketing a matter of life-and-death importance? Generally, no.
Does marketing save lives? Actually, sometimes it does.
You can view the transcript for “Treating malaria in Cambodia”. (opens in new window)
- Reading: The Value of Marketing
- Self Check: The Value of Marketing