The following actions are in contravention of NSCC’s Campus Housing Community Standards and will be subject to sanctions:
- Intentionally setting fire, lighting flammable material, or creating open flames.
- Intentionally setting off the fire alarm, and/or, activating sprinklers when there is no cause for concern.
- Tampering with any fire and/or life safety equipment including, but not limited to fire extinguishers, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, heat sensors, light/strobe devices, sprinkler/sprinkler system, elevator and elevator alarms, or any other aspect of the fire alarm system.
- The use of candles, incense or other combustible materials or substances. The overloading of electrical outlets. This can occur when multiple appliances, devices, or power bars are plugged into an outlet and/or each other.
- Failure to evacuate, or failing to evacuate in a timely manner, for an activated fire alarm. Blocking or restricting access to evacuation routes, doors, hallways.