NSCC is committed to providing high-quality facilities and living/learning programs that support your growth and success as a student, in a safe and inclusive environment. We want to make sure that all students can study, live and work in an environment that is conducive to mutual respect and dignity, free from harassment and discrimination.
Living in Campus Housing is a privilege and with that privilege comes certain expectations that must be met by all students.
The principles of our Campus Housing Community Standards include:
- Be a positive College citizen. Demonstrate citizenship through compliance with the law and with all NSCC policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Be civil. Act with civility by behaving in a manner that is respectful of other members of the College community. Refrain from any intentional or reckless conduct, which unreasonably interferes with or disrupts other members of the College community or campus or classroom activities. Act with honesty and integrity.
- Act with honesty and integrity by being honest in the performance of your work and in your dealings with other members of the College community.
- Refrain from substance misuse/abuse. Respect property.
- Respect property including property of the College, other members of the College community, or third parties.
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal interactions. Refrain from negative or harmful interpersonal interactions by being respectful of the physical, emotional, and mental well-being of other members of the College community and by avoiding harassing, abusive, malicious, intimidating, or defamatory conduct or comments.
- How you act online matters, too. Refrain from inappropriate online and electronic activity including social media activities.