All NSCC students are provided free highspeed wireless internet access through their student account. Built into Campus Housing fees, all activity through the network is governed by the Technology Resources – Acceptable Use Policy.
Our internet services on campus are Wifi Only and provided by Eastlink. For any support needed you can contact Eastlink through the provided technical Support options:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 902-377-4325 (Halifax) or 902-843-4325 (Truro)
- Live Chat: eastlink.ca/oncampus
Networks Available on Campus:
- The “Housing” wireless broadcast is an encrypted and secure connection using your NSCC credentials. Usable by most computers, tablets, and smartphones. This is the primary WiFi network to connect to.
- Log on using your NSCC credentials: Wemail@example.com and Password
- The “Gaming” network is reserved for devices needing just a passcode to connect (as they are unable to connect to Housing). Devices must first be registered online with Eastlink. This network is for gaming consoles, streaming sticks, smartTVs
- Go online and complete the Eastlink on Campus form.
- Eastlink will contact you when your device can connect to the Gaming WiFi network.
- Then enter the passcode when prompted.
- The “Guest” network is reserved for individuals and groups accessing our facilities for short stays. Uses a passcode provided by Campus Housing staff.
- Campus Housing Staff will provide you with a temporary passcode to connect with.